My email inbox has been pelted – pelted, I say! – this morning with hair and makeup recaps of the Golden Globes.
So in keeping with the prestigious-awards spirit, I will now bestow my Momover Globes Beauty-Awesomeness Crown on L’Oréal Paris for waving the flag for gorgeous mothers everywhere.
In their spokesmodel mama ranks – and all looking incroyable last night – are…drumroll, please…
Taraji P. Henson
I’m on a big deadline leash right now, so I’d like to just quickly drill down to the specifics of La Lopez’s lewk.
Although recently I’ve seen her in frocks that I’ve felt were a tad too bootay for my taste, last night she was all covered-up in Giambattista Valli (and 200 carats of necklace!) and off-the-charts chic. Swoon.
And the hair! Amid a sea of birds nests (cough cough…Katy Perry), JLo brought the coif polish.
Since L’Oréal Paris was kind enough to provide me with every last shred of tress goo, macquillage and nail lacquer intel, I will now, in turn, share it with you:
Hairstylist: Lorenzo Martin for L’Oréal Paris
Inspiration: Classic Hollywood, with a saucy side flip
DIY It (all prods available on L’Oreal Paris website or @ ur fave nabe drugstore):
1. Lorenzo first washed Jennifer’s hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner
2. For texture and volume, Lorenzo sprayed L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Air-Blown Texture Mist
3. Using a small round brush, he then blow dried hair in small sections
4. Next, Lorenzo sprayed the hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Blow Out Heat Spray
5. Using a 1” barrel curling iron, he curled the hair in one direction, pinned it and let cool
6. He then added shine, spritzing L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Extraordinary Oil Lustrous Oil Serum on the front and ends
7. Lorenzo finished the look by brushing out the hair and setting with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray
Makeup Artist: Mary Phillips for L’Oréal Paris
Inspiration: That killer frock, says Phillips!
“ If you saw the Giambattista Valli dress, you’ll instantly get old Hollywood glamour with the shape and even the mustardy, marigold color. The cape and the diamonds, it’s perfection. Her skin and that lip color are the hallmarks of this look. It’s very elegant, gorgeous, and beautiful, while still being very modern and today. We’re always experimenting with her looks, and I think that tonight perfectly reflects that, with this classic, old school dose of beauty.”
1. Mary first applied Armani Prima Eye and Lip Contour Perfector on the upper eye lid and around all around the mouth and lip, as lips should be just as hydrated as skin. [NOTE FROM DANA: This isn’t out yet. Look for it on the Giorgio Armani Beauty website in spring ’16]
2. Next, she created a natural 3D effect by layering sheerer colors of L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation (C5.5 NATURAL TAN, 5.5 Perfect Beige, and W3 Nude Beige).
3. She used darker shades in the Infallible Pro Contour Palette in 814 Medium along the jawline, underneath the cheek bones, on the temple and hairline of the forehead and along the nose. The highlighter hue was applied to the center of the forehead, nose, directly above the jawline, and underneath the browbone.
4. Mary’s self-proclaimed “holy grail” blush, L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Blush in Spiced Plum C7-8, was added to the apples of cheeks for a fresh pop of color and extra dimension.
5. On eyelids, with special attention to browbones, is L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eyeshadow Mono in 306. Shade 201 is the backdrop color applied in the crease and 205 is added at the center of the upper lid and along the lower lash line.
6. She drew a verrrrry thin line of L’Oréal Paris Infallible Black Velvet Liner on the top lashes only, and concentrated on making the line a little fuller at the ends without “winging out” too much, as that can tend to look too costume-y with the rest of the look. Mary finished the liner look by applying L’Oréal Paris Infallible Matte-Matic Liner to the upper and lower lashlines, making sure to get in-between lashes to add drama in an understated, “un-heavy” sort of way.
7. To achieve long, lush eyelashes that had the perfect hint of depth but wouldn’t compete with the lip, Mary primed and coated lashes using L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara
8. Mary mixed three lip shades, building up colors in different areas – i.e., applying darker colors to the outside of the mouth, and then working her way in. She wanted the lips to be dark but not vampy, and also have dimension and not come across as a one-note color. She customized the lip just for Jennifer using L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Rouge Envy, Nude Allude and Forbidden Kiss for a very full lip effect that was neither too wet nor matte.
Manicurist: L’Oréal Paris Global Manicurist Tom Bachik
Inspiration: Like Phillips, Bachik took cues from the dress, and opted for a “clean and chic” burgundy red
1. First, Tom filed nails into a classic round shape.
2. He next applied L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Nailcolor in Always a Lady. After dry, Tom applied the top coat side of the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Nailcolor and let dry.
3. Tom advises maintaining a manicure using L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Facial Oil; a drop on each nail 1-2 daily will keep nail color looking fresh and shiny, and cuticles hydrated.
I love that last tip – use a facial oil as a cuticle fix!
Keeping it real down here in Momover-ville.